[Lazarus] What happened to TNoteBook?

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Feb 15 01:48:55 CET 2011

On 2/14/2011 15:59, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho schrieb:
>> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_0.9.30_release_notes#TNotebook_and_TPage
>>

>> In short: Someone implemented TNotebook wrongly and then people
>> started using it as a TPageControl. They should use TPageControl
>> instead and leave TNotebook for it's real purpose, which is a
>> multi-paged control without borders and without tabs.
>
> Then at least the example applications should be updated accordingly. It's not a
> good idea to ship broken examples with a new release :-(

agreed! +1000000000000~

this is a problem that i've run into more than once in the last few years that
i've been trying to work with lazarus and FPC... sadly it has caught me out in
numerous instances and, being a newbie to the FPC and/or Lazarus environments
and methodologies, i don't know what to ask about or where to properly ask... so
i read and read and read and hope that i come across a workable answer at some
point... but then i operate a lot differently than others, too ;)