[Lazarus] Old OpenSUSE 10.2 and Laz 29544

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Feb 15 15:46:43 CET 2011

Juha Manninen schrieb:
> theo kirjoitti maanantai 14 helmikuu 2011 16:15:15:
>> I know I should probably upgrade this Linux Installation, ..
>
> FYI: OpenSUSE 10.2 supports "zypper dup" (= Distro Update).
> You don't need to download and burn CD images to update your system.
> It works also in practice, unlike a similar feature in some other distros.
> Maybe wait till the new version 10.4 before updating.

I was happy with 10.3 for a long time, but all newer versions sucked so
much that I stopped using OpenSuse at all. After trying Kubuntu (KDE) I
finally arrived at Ubuntu and Gnome. At least Ubuntu supports all the
KBD and GUI features that have been dropped from OpenSuse 11.

And beware, installing OpenSuse 11 in a multi-boot environment damaged
my disk system, making all other previously installed systems unusable!
This may be a new version Grub issue...

DoDi