[Lazarus] Does Lazarus support a complete Unicode Component Library?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 16 09:28:34 CET 2011

Am 16.02.2011 08:30, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> Op 2011-02-16 09:12, Jürgen Hestermann het geskryf:
>>
>> That's sounds like yet another approach. So up to now I see 3 models how
>> strings could be handled:
>
> UnicodeString should become the default. I would even go as far as
> recommending that String = UnicodeString in a newer FPC version.

I personally would prefer the code page aware string to be a new string
type (e.g. CodePageString) instead of abusing UnicodeString here (it
should be kept as a 2-byte string for backwards compatibility).

But I wouldn't mind if then String is by default an alias to this
CodePageString type (or only in certain modes or with certain switches
similar to {$H+/-} as this would decrease the changes/overview needed
for old code).

Regards,
Sven