[Lazarus] Does Lazarus support a complete Unicode Component Library?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 16 15:04:57 CET 2011

Am 16.02.2011 14:59, schrieb Michael Schnell:
> On 02/16/2011 01:59 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>>
>> while itr.HasNext do
>> begin
>> i := itr.Next
>> ... now do something with the Unicode character stored in i
>> end;
> Do we already have / plan a dedicated iterator loop syntax for this
>
> Delphi Prism would go
>
> for each i in itrdo
> begin
> ... now do something with the Unicode character stored in i
> end;
>

> for this

Take a look at the tforin*.pp tests here:
http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/tests/test/

But basically the syntax is

for enumeratedvar in enumerator do
   // something

It's the Delphi compatible variant of the Prism syntax. Of course you
also might need to define a suitable enumerator (e.g. for enumerating a
UTF-8 string).

Regards,
Sven