[Lazarus] Exception with no stack trace [was: Can I be sure that timer and synchronize never fire at once?]

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Thu Feb 17 16:12:30 CET 2011

En/na Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
> Al 05/02/11 18:34, En/na cobines ha escrit:
>

>>> Nobody has an idea on why an application would crash without a stack
>>> trace?
>>> Memory overwriting/corruption perhaps?
>>
>> See here:
>> http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=12528
>
> Oops.
> I'll try the patch in that bug report, thank you.

Thanks to that patch I could get a full stack trace[*], find the cause
of the exception and correct my error.
Any reason why it hasn't been applied to fpc yet?

[*]addresses only, in spite of the executable having full debug and line
number information[**], but I could feed those addresses to gdb to get
the corresponding line numbers.

[**] If I try to dump the stack not in the exception handler (i.e,
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Logging_exceptions#Dump_current_call_stack),
BackTraceStrFunc correctly shows the line info, not so during the exception.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.133)  Fax +34 93 5883007