[Lazarus] Does Lazarus support a complete Unicode Component Library?

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Feb 17 13:06:05 CET 2011

Jürgen Hestermann schrieb:
> Hans-Peter Diettrich schrieb:
>  > Indexed access to characters is a low level operation, that should
> not be used in Unicode-aware applications without specific knowledge.
>
> I often search for substrings, delete them from the string, insert other
> strings at certain places, etc.
> How can you do all this without knowledge of the internal structure of
> the string?

How *not*?

Just in your mentioned cases the strings are treated only as strings,
not as arrays of chars - that's the difference between high and low
level string handling. Dealing with chars inside strings, and
incrementing/decrementing indices, is kind of pointer arithmetic, which
also deserves knowledge about pointers.

DoDi