[Lazarus] Does Lazarus support a complete Unicode Component Library?

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Feb 17 14:41:09 CET 2011

Michael Schnell schrieb:

>> Dealing with *all* the Unicode quirks IMO is beyond "usual" coding, it
>> will be reserved to specialized text processing components or
>> applications.
> +1 from here,
> but I never did anything with Mac and I once was told that the Mac
> constantly uses such quirks.

When a Mac is capable of importing Unicode text, from e.g. the Web, then
the according transformation features should be part of the OS. Once the
application needs are known, the Mac target support should include
whatever may be required, without affecting other targets or portable
code at all.

DoDi