[Lazarus] Does Lazarus support a complete Unicode Component Library?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 07:28:51 CET 2011

Op 2011-02-17 13:58, Hans-Peter Diettrich het geskryf:

> IMO the new Unicode versions broke so much legacy code, that FPC/Lazarus
> could become a real successor of the last Ansi version,

I don't think so. Yes the Unicode support in Delphi broke a lot of code,
but I think that was just a small bump in the road. I believe
Embarcadero expected that too. But then a few months after the release,
all the flamewars died down. Now it's business as usual again.

> commercial/long term projects anyhow. The debugging of cross-platform
> applications requires a separate target machine anyhow, so that

I have zero experience with remote debugging, but from what I have
heard, it never works as well as native/local debugging. So I guess we
will just have to wait and see.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/