[Lazarus] Identifier not found, but code completion works....

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Feb 19 16:10:45 CET 2011

Bo Berglund schrieb:

>> The cause was a cross unit reference. Implementation uses sections are
>> evil. It's near impossible to create simple bug reports for such
>> compiler bugs.
>>
> Could you expand on this?

IMO this applies to bugreports (only). The unit order in uses clauses is
always important, regardless of one or two such clauses.

> I am used to my Delphi practice of putting uses references as far down
> the ladder as possible.
> This means that if something is not needed in the interface section I
> routinely put it into the implementation uses.
>
> Is this bad practice with FPC/Lazarus?

FPC can have some problems with macros, inlines and other constructs,
that may require a recompilation of units. But apart from that
(acceptable) issue I don't see real obstacles right now.

DoDi