[Lazarus] Identifier not found, but code completion works....

Rich Saunders saunders.richard.p at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 17:07:42 CET 2011

On 2/19/11 10:27 AM, Alexander Klenin wrote:
> 3. The uses section is split, reducing readability.
> I personally find the opposite -- if properly maintained,
> the separate "uses" lists are giving reader additional information
> about unit dependencies and at the same time reduce the amount
> of dependencies one must scan in order to understand only
> the unit interface (i. e. to use, not develop, a unit)
I also find the opposite.

Using a unit in a uses clause defines the scope of the usage. I think
the overriding principle should be to limit the scope to only the code
that requires it. Using a unit in the implementation section adds
valuable info to the reader that the used unit is NOT needed to define
the current unit's interface.