[Lazarus] fpGUI

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Mon Feb 21 04:21:47 CET 2011

On 2/20/2011 14:45, Sven Barth wrote:
> On 20.02.2011 19:29, Marco van de Voort wrote:
>> Huh? WPF has been advocated for ages (and is indeed Microsofts prefered
>> technology), but afaik WinForms 2.0 is still the more used tech?
>
> Of course this is not an official statement from Microsoft, but the article on
> WinForms on Wikipedia (
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Presentation_Foundation ) writes this:
> Windows Forms has been in effect superseded by Windows Presentation Foundation

[OS/2 experience rearing its ugly head]
i have to wonder if and how much of the above may be related to the original
OS/2 Presentation Manager stuffings or if it is simply a name that is close to
what was once shared by m$ and IBM ;)
[\OS/2 experience rearing its ugly head]

NOTE: i smile and wink all the time... emoticons or their lack in my messages
are not to be used to convey any quantity of seriousness... almost everything i
post is serious with some humor and joking also conveyed... i think ;)