[Lazarus] Extensive Debug Info from GTK2 bindings

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 22:27:04 CET 2011

2011/2/21 zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net>

> > IMO the assertions should be made usable in Lazarus code base.
> > They are useful and serve a different purpose than exceptions.
> > Currently they can't be used with QT bindings at all,
>
> Because they're not implemented in Qt bindings.

That is ok but I was referring to the topic in QT mailing list:
  "Assertion failure in Search dialog"
It means I can't use assertions even in my own code because enabling them
breaks the search dialog.

The GTK2 bindings code misuses assertions badly. DebugLn should be used
instead there, leaving "Assert" for real assertions.
Replace All: "Assert(false," -> "// DebugLn(" could help.
They can be safely commented out because nobody has enabled the assertions
either.

Juha