[Lazarus] Does Lazarus support a complete Unicode Component Library?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 09:14:33 CET 2011

Op 2011-02-22 08:11, Jürgen Hestermann het geskryf:

> But why are you using the generic "string" type at all? If you want to
> make sure that you use AnsiString or ShortString or whatever then use it
> directly. That way you have full control about the string type used.

Exactly. Just like any other types (numeric, float or text). If you
expect some specific behaviour from a type, then use a specific type
that gives you that behaviour.

String is a generic type (it already has multiple meanings), so it
should evolve.

On a side note:
Just like I think Integer type should have evolved (like it did from
16-bit to 32-bit in the past), so too it should have moved to 64-bit.
But unfortunately the powers that be, decided that its evolution should
magically stop at 32-bits - no idea why really. But that's a whole
different discussion. ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/