[Lazarus] Does Lazarus support a complete Unicode Component Library?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 09:58:07 CET 2011

Op 2011-02-22 10:44, Florian Klaempfl het geskryf:
> Delphi clone/non delphi clone? Does it ring bells? You always tell us:
> don't do a delphi clone. Then we don't do it and you cry.

Well make up your bloody mind??? If you want to make FPC a Delphi clone,
then stick to it. Having some areas cloned and some not, makes things a
little annoying. That was what I was complaining about that time.  An
NO, I'll never shed a tear over FPC - that's all your wishful thinking.

> An even better argument not to change it :) Even in ObjFPC mode a string
> is a shortstring for years.

Out of curiosity, why does ObjFPC mode default to ShortString and not
AnsiString? Isn't the TP mode enough for those die hard, corner case
programmers that still want their Turbo Pascal and Delphi 1 legacy code
to work? Why must modern day programs still be limited to 255 characters
per string? Why not let those corner case developers rather switch from
AnsiString (what should be the default) to the ShortString.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/