[Lazarus] Does Lazarus support a complete Unicode Component Library?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 10:54:05 CET 2011

Op 2011-02-22 11:28, Florian Klaempfl het geskryf:

> I'am glad to hear that you're always happy about FPC :)

:-)

>> Out of curiosity, why does ObjFPC mode default to ShortString and not
>> AnsiString?
>
> Why break existing code for nothing?

Supporting legacy code (10-20 years old) with default compiler options
just seems a bit nutty. Considering there is a perfectly good compiler
mode (mode TP) just for them. So why carry that legacy support over to a
more modern compiler mode (mode objfpc)... it just doesn't make a lot of
sense.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/