[Lazarus] Identifier not found, but code completion works....

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Feb 22 15:26:57 CET 2011

Florian Klaempfl schrieb:

>> No point
>> in recommending all developers changes their style of coding, when the
>> issue is in the compiler - not the language. Rather try and fix
>
> Feel free to do so, we are all waiting for at least five years for
> somebody to fix it :)

You'll hardly find anybody, to fix these bugs at *your* (FPC team)
conditions :-(

> I estimate that it takes me on month of fulltime
> work to fix it by rewriting the whole unit loading mechanism. I simply
> don't have the time to do and it seems nobody else either.

I have the time, and already spent many months with the compiler flaws.
But it turned out to be Sysiphus work, when a completed fix is rejected
for almost formal reasons :-(

>> the
>> cause of the problem, not the symptom.
>
> If you can't heal a disease, you can at least try to reduce the symptoms.

It's not a matter of ability, instead it turned out to be a matter of
policy, only :-(

DoDi