[Lazarus] Identifier not found, but code completion works....

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Feb 22 15:43:36 CET 2011

Florian Klaempfl schrieb:

>>> Feel free to do so, we are all waiting for at least five years for
>> Wasn't that what Hans-Peter (or somebody) recently tried?? But from the
>> discussions I read, the changes were "to radical" from a non-core
>> member, so as usual, the changes get declined....
>
> Please stay with the truth: first of all, the proposed changes so far
> had nothing to do with improving unit loading.

The bugs do not necessarily reside whery *you* expect them. This is one
reason that blocks efficient bug fixes.

> Further, none of the
> changes were working. You'd kill me, if I merged those changes breaking
> FPC completely :)

Please stay with the truth: all but the very first (OO) branch have been
tested thoroughly, and I couldn't find any breaks.

> Last but not least: the radical changes (also far from working changes
> in the sense of no regressions) which get declined aimed on a multi
> language front end for FPC.

This is only one *possible* feature, a side effect of an attempt to
allow for parallel compilation.

> While this in theory is imaginable, I expect
> a lot of dedication before I merge such changes into FPC: it means not
> only a hacked parser, but also a complete new runtime environment,
> complete reorganisation of the directory structures and build processes,
> a lot of new regression tests etc.

Bullshit :-(
[Sorry for the harsh wording, but it is so]

> Considering
> http://fpcext.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=fpcext/compiler;a=summary
> the dedication and interest is little.

I already outlined why I suspended working on that project, until the SF
interface becomes usable.

DoDi