[Lazarus] FW: *** ECN: Lazarus or Delphi 5 version of TwhForm2HTML

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 23 16:52:14 CET 2011

Am 23.02.2011 16:06, schrieb Peter Williams:
> Hi All,
>
> I have been working on a project from Delphi 3 from Ann Lynnworth which
> is Delphi form to html conversion tool.
>
> It was written for Ann's company and she has kindly offered it to the
> Lazarus community under this licence (originally commercial I believe):
>
>  > http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
>  >
>  > Payment is by donation, at the discretion of any developer.
>
> 1) I have made some progress with the code but I am stuck on how to
> install it as a registered component. Help please. I believe that the
> code exists for adding in it Delphi 3 (in this project)... it is just a
> matter of me using it in Lazarus.

If that component is released as CreateCommons now, where can I find the
(original) source of it? I've looked at the href.com page and haven't
found it yet...

As I weren't yet able to look at the code I'll have to guess regarding
your problem:
You need to put the component into a Lazarus package (create a new
package and add all units to it). Then you need to mark all units that
contain a Register procedure as such (at the bottom of the package are
two check boxes, one of them is for units with "register" procedures).
Then you need to install this package into the IDE (of course you need
to recompile the IDE then).

> 2) We need to set up a repository for this project with TortoiseSVN and
> Windows on my system. I have the code and I would like to be the point
> of contact for alll changes to it.

If it is indeed released as CreativeCommons, what about adding it to the
Lazarus Code and Component Repository on SourceForge?

> All help will be appreciated. I will post the code when I know how to
> set up a repository.
>
> I have more changes to make, but they will wait until I get some answers.

Regards,
Sven