[Lazarus] Debugging fpc sources

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 07:50:49 CET 2011

Op 2011-02-24 21:49, waldo kitty het geskryf:
>> Does anyone knows how can I debug FPC packages?.
>
> unless i'm mistaken, you have to (re)compile FPC with all the debugging
> info you want/need...

No, I don't think so. Those mentioned units are part of FCL, so only the
FCL (or even only the related package in FCL) would need to be
recompiled with DEBUG info enabled. No need to recompile the whole FPC.

To enable debug information you need to pass the -dDEBUG to the make
command. eg:

  cd <fpc-src>/packages/fcl-xml
  make clean
  make OPT=-dDEBUG