[Lazarus] software licence question - deceased author

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 20:05:59 CET 2011

Hello Lazarus-List,

>> Are we talking about copyright ?
MvdV> No, we are talking about inheritance in general. But it was more meant as an
MvdV> illustration that the definition of "heir" can vary in law and common speak.

In Spain and I think in almost all Europe, the blood line level
influence the amount of taxes (taking blood line as an "in law"
inclusive) but the rights are not finished at a defined level, as far
away, less chances to reclaim something.

The first three levels are somehow direct candicates while far away
levels must present a "complaint" (I'm not sure about the word) and if
no people is presented with closer level he/she can reclaim something.
Same rules are applied (more or less) when the there is somthing like
a house but legal titular is not localizable, so heirs can reclaim the
possesion but before they must "complaint" in a court. This kind of
processes are usually very, very slow and can take up much more than
the "legal" 3 years.

--
Best regards,
 José