[Lazarus] invisible break points??

David Emerson dle3ab at angelbase.com
Thu Jan 6 21:51:32 CET 2011

I am having a very strange and frustrating experience with lazarus, in my fpGUI
app.

When running, after pressing a button in my app which calls a process, the app
seems to freeze up. It just sits there, unresponsive. My program has no
breakpoints in it.

The only way I can get it to move is by *adding* a breakpoint, somewhere within
the code that it is waiting to execute. Then it stops at that breakpoint. I can
remove the breakpoint, tell it to run, and it continues on its merry way.

If my program *does* have breakpoints in it, it will not get to them. Lazarus
seems to need to have a breakpoint *added* into the code, *during* the run,
before it will proceed.

I'm only seeing this with one project. Within that project it is intermittent.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? I guess I'd better report it on
mantis...

version 0.9.29-0-20101231, from debian packages on freepascal.hu
i386-linux-gtk 2

Cheers,
David