[Lazarus] Rebuild after change of fpc 2.4.2 source file?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 18:32:34 CET 2011

I received a patch file for sqldb.pp in order to fix a database
problem. But while searching for the file to patch (sqldb.pp) it turns
out that the file in question is located in the fpc source directory
rather that in the lazarus tree.

After I applied the patch I now have a changed sqldb.pp file. Will
this be automatically used or do I need to rebuild something? If
rebuild is needed then what should be reuilt? FPC or Lazarus?

I am using Lazarus from SVN via the 0_9_20_fixes branch and my FPC is
the binary release install of 2.4.2. I also downloaded the fpc 2.4.2
sources and put it into the fpc folder tree.

If I need to do something like rebuilding the FPC compiler, please
instruct how it is done (buldning the compiler with the
compiler.....).

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden