[Lazarus] Can I be sure that timer and synchronize never fire at once?

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Wed Jan 26 11:22:47 CET 2011

Hello,
I'm trying to debug a strange crash in an application (it's strange
because the exception dialog appears and then disappears almost
instantly without clicking on any button, so the customer cannot tell me
the reason of the exception).

My application (as almost any application I write) is based on the
assumption that methods invoked by a timer and methods invoked by a
thread with synchronize will never fire at once (i.e. they will be
serialized by the main loop).

Can I be 100% sure of that?
I'm currently using an old version of lazarus (svn 22953 dated
2009-12-04) with fpc 2.2.4.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.133)  Fax +34 93 5883007