[Lazarus] Error while compiling resources...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 23:28:33 CET 2011

I have created a class to handle the communications towards a data
acquisition instrument.

Now I am preparing the test application so I have simply made a form
with some entry boxes and a button.
Here is the main program file content:

program commtest;

{$mode objfpc}{$H+}

uses
  {$IFDEF UNIX}{$IFDEF UseCThreads}
  cthreads,
  {$ENDIF}{$ENDIF}
  Interfaces, // this includes the LCL widgetset
  Forms, sdposeriallaz, formmain, agisscomm, sscommtypes, sscommbuf
  { you can add units after this };

{$IFDEF WINDOWS}{$R commtest.rc}{$ENDIF}

{$R *.res}

begin
  Application.Initialize;
  Application.CreateForm(TForm1, Form1);
  Application.Run;
end.

When I try to run or build this there is an error on compilation,
which did not happen before I added a Spinedit, a Combobox and a Shape
to the main form. It is this:

commtest.lpr(21,1) Error: Error while compiling resources
commtest.lpr(21,1) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module,
stopping

I have no idea from where this comes or what to do about it.
In Delphi the version resources etc were handled by Delphi so there
was no need to manually create or edit rc files.
In fact there *is* a commtest.rc file in the project folder probably
created by lazarus so what is the problem?

Bo Berglund