[Lazarus] Project conversion Delphi -> FreePascal: success!

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 14:27:57 CET 2011

Op 2011-01-03 13:48, Bo Berglund het geskryf:
> Finally a little hint:
> When you make screenshots to post it is usually much better to save
> them as PNG files rather than JPG. JPG is lossy and the first things
> that go are straight lines and text, which becomes blurry. PNG is
> non-loss and also compresses the data much better (for a typical
> screenshot) so the resulting file is smaller too...

Very true!
Also note that because PNG is non-lossy, the size could be large (150+ KB)
per image. So if a small amount of color loss is not too important, then
you can save the image as an Indexed PNG (and the 256 color Index Palette
is optimised based on the image colors itself), it will greatly reduce the
image size to just a few kilobytes. I often see images drop from 200KB to
20-30KB because of this.

Gimp (free image editor for all platforms) does this very nice and easily.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/