[Lazarus] What are "widgets" in lazarus?

Paul Breneman list2010 at BrenemanLabs.com
Thu Jan 6 03:49:11 CET 2011

Sven Barth wrote:
> On 05.01.2011 16:42, Paul Breneman wrote:
>> Yesterday I loaded the Win32 fpGUI zip into ReactOS in VMware and it
>> *mostly* worked. ReactOS has some good potential as a free embedded OS
>> but I doubt it will ever be good enough for general desktop use.
>
> I know this is getting off topic, but how much did it work? What failed?
> Might you be able to post a bug report for ReactOS?

I compiled and ran the fpGUI uidesigner program.  The graphics didn't
work right.  The combobox dropdown list appeared somewhere else on the
screen.  The black dots around controls when you selected them didn't
appear.  I didn't do a lot of testing but apparently the GDI layer isn't
quite done.  I would guess that if you ran a Delphi or Lazarus program
that used Win32 widgets they would work better.