[Lazarus] What are "widgets" in lazarus?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Jan 6 11:39:08 CET 2011

On 01/05/2011 02:23 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
> What about making a program for Linux? Do we have to compile the same
> program in different versions for different desktop managers on Linux?
That depends on what you want to accomplish.

AFAIK, if you use the GTK or QT "widget type", The program will
auto-adopt to the appropriate "Look and fell" of the *external* widget
set used, including adhering to global design settings made to same and
future updates.

AFAIK, the FPGUI  Widget Type does not use an external widget set, but
directly accesses the X server and thus the program will look the same
everywhere and always.

-Michael