[Lazarus] What are "widgets" in lazarus?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 13:14:23 CET 2011

Op 2011-01-06 13:15, Michael Schnell het geskryf:
> Did you consider Nano-X, too ? ( see http://microwindows.org/, download:
> ftp://microwindows.org/pub/microwindows/microwindows-full-0.92.tar.gz,
> mailing List nanogui at linuxhacker.org )
>
> Maybe you can use this instead of your own Framebuffer, as they provide
> a framebuffer-implementation in their software.

I remember reading about Nano-X years ago. I'll take another look. For the
framebuffer backend, I was considering using DirectFB, which already has
the notion of "windows and events". The other idea was using SDL, which I
believe also works with Linux Framebuffer. The benefit of SDL is that it
will automatically work on other platforms too (eg: OS/2, Haiku, etc... any
platform that supports SDL). The downside means one extra requirement,
installing SDL, though I think SDL is quite standard nowadays and included
in most distros.

I'll research the subject more before I write any code.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/