[Lazarus] fpGUI

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jan 10 12:42:42 CET 2011

On 01/10/2011 12:30 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> The fpGUI UI Designer generates source code.
I see. I understand that the Lazarus `form designer creates a resource
that is interpreted by the runtime Form creating process (an at design
time by the design time Form creating process in a very similar way).

Why does fpGUI go the other way ?

> You can test this yourself, by creating a LCL-fpGUI based application
> and using any of the Standard Component Palette components.
Once I happen to get Lazarus running again ;)
> LCL's form
> designer generates a *.lfm file, like normal.
But I suppose they are not used at all, so using the Lazarus Form
designer for an fpGUI project does not make any sense. Correct ?

-Michael