[Lazarus] Status of GDB and Lazarus/FPC debugging threaded apps

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 08:05:59 CET 2011

Op 2011-01-10 17:40, Andrew Brunner het geskryf:
> problems there in a while.  My issues are with debugging the threaded
> network engine - when data arrives - app stops @ break point - I get

It's not perfect, but I had great success debugging our threads using
tiOPF's tiLog unit. You can specify one or more output methods (console,
event log, file, GUI etc). I specify a log file, then simply filter that
log file lines using the thread ID I am interested in.
tiOPF's logging ability is multi-thread aware, does cached logging to
file, gui etc (not console).

  http://www.tiopf.com/
  http://wiki.freepascal.org/tiOPF

Regards,