[Lazarus] Revision 28960 Compilation Error

Torsten Bonde Christiansen tc at epidata.dk
Tue Jan 11 19:51:39 CET 2011

On 2011-01-11 15:55, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Dave Coventry said:
>> compileroptions.pp(427,14) Error: There is no method in an ancestor
>> class to be overridden:
>> "TCompilerMessagesList.Equals(TObject):Boolean;"
>> compileroptions.pp(734,39) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
>> Fatal: Compilation aborted
> equals was added in FPC 2.4.2, so probably your compiler is too old.
I hope i'm not picking on anyone here, but in a previous discussion
(which I started some time ago, similar to this) it was said that
Lazarus trunk should still be able to compile with fpc v2.4.0.

Perhaps the Lazarus developer should make a public (read here on the
mailinglist) statement that requirements have now changed.

Just my two cents.

Kind regards,
Torsten Bonde Christiansen.