[Lazarus] Installation of man-files

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Jan 12 12:13:11 CET 2011

Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> hat am 12. Januar 2011 um 11:49 geschrieben:

> Hi all,
>
> Currently 'make install' does only install the man-files of the binaries
> which are placed in the search-path. (lazarus-ide, rpmbuild and
> startlazarus)
>
> Do we want to install the other man-files by default too? (lazres,
> lrstolfm,updatepofiles,svn2revisioninc)
I think no, because:
- they are not in PATH
- updatepofiles, svn2revisioninc can clash with other packages
- the man pages do not contain more help than the standard -h parameter
- I hate those packages that install man pages for tools I don't have

If some packager installs the tools in PATH then the man pages should be
installed too.

Mattias