[Lazarus] fpGUI

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 13:54:08 CET 2011

Op 2011-01-12 14:15, Michael Schnell het geskryf:
> I see. So I need to find the docs how to do a "pure" fpGUI project.

Take a look at any of the demos in the 'examples' directory. They are
kept small and simple for a reason. You can also read Michael
article/review regarding fpGUI at the following URL:

  http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/articles/

For anything else fpGUI related, please post questions to the fpGUI
support newsgroup:

  http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/#Newsgroups

There is also a web interface to those newsgroups:

  http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/webnews/

> it's own implementation of same. (The reason is that "system-type"
> messages like TTimer Events and Thread generated Events needs to be
> mixed in a main-thread event queue together with GUI generated messages).

Again, I don't know the LCL or LCL-fpGUI internals, but I can't imagine
that it would be difficult to add to LCL-fpGUI. After all, fpGUI already
has a Object Pascal based event queue and allows PostMessage and
SendMessage, and fpGUI widgets understand the object pascal construct of
'somemethod....message;'

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/