[Lazarus] fpGUI

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 21:49:33 CET 2011

Henry Vermaak wrote:
> On 12 January 2011 19:40, Mark Morgan Lloyd
> <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

>>> You won't be able to compile lazarus itself using fpgui, but you can
>>> certainly compile the lcl fpgui interface with make lcl LCL_PLATFORM=fpgui.
>> So if I did that and also  make lazbuild  I might possibly get somewhere on
>> Solaris 10 despite missing libraries which appear to preclude building the
>> IDE.
>
> I guess you'd be able to build a project that you've designed on
> another machine that lazarus actually runs on.  Just using fpgui
> directly with the fpgui designer is better, surely?

Well, it could have something to do with the fact that I've only been
poking fpGUI for a couple of hours and so far it's not moving :-)

On a more serious note, in general I'd prefer to design with Lazarus
even if initially I had to artificially constrain my choice of
components, in anticipation of a wider range becoming available eventually.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk