[Lazarus] fpGUI

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 22:42:31 CET 2011

Henry Vermaak wrote:
> On 12 January 2011 15:13, Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:
>>>>
>>> I did a test and it does not seem o work for me, while
>>> Application.QueueAsyncCall(), that essentially is an enhancement of same,
>>> does work fine
>>>
>> More funny stuff:
>>
>> TThread.Synchronize seems to work fine with fpGUI, but with gtk2 I only see
>> events when I (e.g.) move the move around on Form.
>
> Well, you're alone there again.  Synchronize works perfectly for me on gtk2.

Funny thing: a few weeks ago I wrote some code that did database lookups
etc. in a background thread, updating the (foreground) using
TThread.Synchronize. Nothing happened until I added a timer to the form,
updating a time display every second.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk