[Lazarus] fpGUI

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 13:13:28 CET 2011

On Sun, 2011-01-16 at 06:42 +0100, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> A form designer can read .lfm files easily, but can have problems to
> locate and decipher equivalent source code.

Not if you give the UI Designer a place in the code to start looking.
This is exactly what I have done. I have comment markers/tokens and the
UI Designer *only* works with code between the comment markers - it
totally ignores everything else.

> What if a user modifies the
> generated code, so that the designer cannot determine its meaning any more?

I think fpGUI's UI Designer is a lot more resilient to user errors that
Delphi, Lazarus or MSEide. fpGUI's UI Designer has a "future / feature
proof" built in. Whatever it doesn't understand gets added to the
"Unknown settings" memo in the Object Inspector. The user can also place
any code in there while designing a form. The UI Designer simply inserts
that code after it created the component code.

 - Graeme -