[Lazarus] fpGUI

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 19:20:09 CET 2011

On Sun, 2011-01-16 at 15:43 +0100, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> What about other custom data, that can not be represented as published
> property?

Could you give an example of such custom data? I guess if I can't create
some custom property editor for it, I'll simply load it after the last
comment marker, but still in the AfterCreate method.

> > when you compile your project, any forward declaration will have to be
> > added in code.
>
> That is a big show stopper.
> A pascal writer for lazarus forms must handle this automatically.

It's not impossible to add, but I think I should reiterate what the
fpGUI UI Designer was designed to be... Simple. I did not want it to be
a full blown IDE, so I didn't want it to generate code outside what
relates to building the UI. When I started fpGUI, there was no ui
designer, and I had to build a lot of forms by hand - totally
non-visual. This made me realise quickly I needed something better, but
still simple because I'm time constrained. For generating all the other
fancy code - well, that is what CodeTools, Code Completion, Code
Templates and whatever other fancy features Lazarus IDE has.

 - Graeme -