[Lazarus] fpGUI

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 19:28:01 CET 2011

On Sun, 2011-01-16 at 19:04 +0100, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > * I can tweak a property value without having to switch to a UI Designer
>
> OTOH: you have to write some code, instead of a few mouse clicks with
> wysiswyg.

I type fast. Use Dvorak. :) I said "tweak" for a reason. eg: simple
little changes like changing an anchor or image name etc..

> > * Multiple forms in a single unit.
>
> OTOH you have to select every time you open the designer which form to
> edit. And multiple forms in a unit leads faster to bigger (unreadable)
> units.

Not in fpGUI's UI Designer. There all forms are shown at the same time.

> > * A guaranteed creation order of components
>
> Means?

I think Michael and yourself told me the streaming used in VCL and LCL
cannot guarantee any creation order or the order in which properties are
set. I can't remember the example we talk about, but it was important at
the time.

 - Graeme -