[Lazarus] Purpose of TShellTreeView.ShowRoot

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 20:43:32 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I'm currently testing around on the TShell* controls and came to the
> ShowRoot property now.
>
> 1. Why is this property duplicated in Options as well?
> 2. What's the purpose of this property? I personally thought that it would
> allow me to show/hide the root node (e.g. on Linux "/" by default or the
> root set in the "Root" property), but changing it to "false" just hides all
> extend signs in the tree (and thus the subdirectories can no longer be
> extended).

I don't know, but both Options and ShowRoot are implemented by
TCustomTreeView, not in the shell controls.

Delphi docs for reference:

http://docs.embarcadero.com/products/rad_studio/delphiAndcpp2009/HelpUpdate2/EN/html/delphivclwin32/ComCtrls_TCustomTreeView_ShowRoot.html

http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/lcl/comctrls/tcustomtreeview.options.html

Options doesn't seam to exist in Delphi. Probably someone added this
option because he didn't know that the ShowRoot property existed.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho