[Lazarus] pascal component stream

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Mon Jan 17 09:28:31 CET 2011

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Op 2011-01-17 00:45, Mattias Gaertner het geskryf:
>> 4. what to do with DefineProperties?
>
> What is that? What is it used for? I could find any help on that.
>

>> Point 4 is the real problem. How to store TStrings.Data or TBitmap.Data?
>
> I had a look at the TStrings class definition in FPC 2.4.3. TStrings
> doesn't have a Data property or a Data field, so what do you mean by
> TStrings.Data?

This is streamed through 'DefineProperties', a protected call to write
custom data to the stream.

There is no way to solve this for Pascal streams, as the 'Data' does not
necessarily exist as a settable property, and any kind of data can be
written.

In particular, the ability to position the cursor anywhere in the stream during
DefineProperties also will IMHO prove impossible to do.

Michael.