[Lazarus] Lazarus fails to start with "TWinControl.CreateWnd: The nogui widgetset does not support visual controls."

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 22:32:16 CET 2011

On 18 January 2011 21:24, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 21:06:48 +0000
> Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I rebuilt the IDE with NoGUI option, and after closing and restart
> Lazarus
> > it fails to open with the above message "TWinControl.CreateWnd: The nogui
> > widgetset does not support visual controls", followed by a few others.
> >
> > Is there some way to get to revert to the original GTK2 with some command
> > line based rebuilding?
>
> cd path/to/your/lazarus
> ./lazbuild --build-ide= --ws=gtk2

You both responded 5 minutes too late. I just deleted the whole installation
to recompile it and it should finish in a few minutes.
It is currently doing a make install.

In reference to my previous question does the persistence of the libgtk
error imply that the NoGUI option failed to work properly, or could it be
because the Build All did not entirely eliminate some included units?

Are there some steps the additional steps required in the Build All that I
may have missed?

> Mattias
>
> --

Frank Church