[Lazarus] LCL improvement idea

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Jan 19 08:27:49 CET 2011

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011, Luiz Americo Pereira Camara wrote:

> michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be escreveu:
>>
>> My system will be significantly faster, and is easily controllable on a
>> per-component basis.
>

> It will be pluggable and optional, so does not alter the executable size of
> who does not use it?

This can only be done when the 'Default' component is the same class as
the component to be loaded. Otherwise, a separate class must be made per
class.

This may be not such a bad idea. Simply have an instance of the same class,
with properties set to their desired default values.

In such a case, all you need is 1 extra variable per used class.

Comments, thoughts, anyone ?

Michael.