[Lazarus] Accessing MS SQLServer database from Lazarus/FPC?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 19 10:05:18 CET 2011

Am 18.01.2011 23:34, schrieb Bo Berglund:
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 21:36:59 +0000, Henry Vermaak
> <henry.vermaak at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>>> Here is stated the following:
>>> "The SQLdb package contains FPC units to access a number of SQL
>>> databases. It is "packaged" as sqldblaz.lpk in Lazarus, and the
>>> components can be found on the "SQLdb" tab. "
>>>
>>> But in my new Lazarus built from the SVN 0_9_30_fixes branch there
>>> simply is no such tab....
>>
>> If you build using make bigide, it will get included.  You can install
>> it by going to install/uninstall packages under the package menu.
>>

> I have built Lazarus using these commands in a batch file (on
> Windows):
>
> set PATH=C:\Programs\fpc\2.4.2\bin\i386-win32
> make.exe clean all
>
> Do you mean that I should do this instead:
>
> set PATH=C:\Programs\fpc\2.4.2\bin\i386-win32
> make.exe bigide
>
> I am not very used to this way of working so I made the batch file
> some time ago to make sure the correct FPC and command was used.

I personally don't know whether bigide is the correct approach (I don't
know whether it installs ALL available packages or only those selected).

I'd suggest you the following (Note: the mentioned captions might only
be similar to yours, because I'm using a German Lazarus):
Go to "Packages=>Configure installed packages" and search whether
SQLDBLaz is in "installed" or in "not installed".
If it's in the second one, then select and and click "install selected".
Then you just do a "Save and recompile IDE".
If the package is listed in the list of installed packages, but with a
plus in the icon you need to rebuild your IDE from within the IDE (you
can either trigger a change in that dialog to enable "save and recompile
IDE" or you can just use "Tools=>Recompile IDE".

Regards,
Sven