[Lazarus] anchors on centos

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 12:50:38 CET 2011

Andrea Mauri kirjoitti perjantai 21 tammikuu 2011 11:05:21:

> > This is potential problem. Minimum gtk2 version I have is 2.12.
>
> On the lazarus wiki
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GTK2_Interface#Introduction is
> reported that:
> The minimum Gtk 2 version supported is Gtk 2.6

IMO it should be lifted to Gtk 2.10 which seems to be still used by some new
distro versions.
Older Lazarus versions and their fixes branches still support the older Gtk2
versions for anybody who needs them. Gradually people upgrade their OS and
libs anyway and supporting the old versions becomes obsolete.

I am thinking of the resource usage here. The widget bindings have bugs and
missing features enough already, it makes no sense to spend time with the old
soon-obsolete versions.

This Centos bug needs to be fixed in any case.

Juha