[Lazarus] Accessing MS SQLServer database from Lazarus/FPC?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 17:59:37 CET 2011

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 12:06:12 +0100 (CET), Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

>On Sat, 22 Jan 2011, Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 17:30:57 +0100 (CET), michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Without the error message, we cannot begin to start looking for a solution.
>>>
>>> Michael.
>>
>> I can now answer that after I have restarted the virtual machine where
>> I was investigating this:
>>
>> The error message captured as the Exception.Message is:
>>
>> 'Cannot open a non-select statement'
>
>Attached is a possible patch. I don't have MS-SQL (doesn't run on Linux) so I can't test.
>Please apply it to packages/fcl-db/src/sqldb/sqldb.pp and report whether this helped you
>solve your problem. If so, I will commit it to SVN.
>
>Michael.

How do I apply this file to my lazarus? It appears to deal with the
file sqldb.pp so I tried to look in my lazarus installation dir but I
could not find this file below my main dir:
C:\Programs\lazarus_fix_30 (where I checked out the lazarus sources)

All a search found was the file registersqldb.ppu, which of course is
not the same as what the patch targeted.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden