[Lazarus] Third party libraries in tiOPF package

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 10:12:59 CET 2011

Op 2011-01-25 11:03, Frank Church het geskryf:
> I want to install tiOPF2, but it downloads some 3rd party libraries that
> are already installed in my IDE.

You can use the '-ignore-externals' in the 'svn co' command, which will
then ignore those 3rd party directories.

> I do not need to install the whole of tiOPF. My initial need is for
> TtiLog.

No

> Does the core tiOPF package require the 3rd party libraries to compile?

No, those 3rd party components are more for the VCL GUI part of tiOPF. I
don't even think tiOPF+LCL uses any of those 3rd party components.

> From the readme it appears I should be able to get by with tiOPF.lpk and
> possibly tiOPFLCL.lpk if I don't need design time components.
> Is that right?

For the logging functionality to console, and file, the tiOPF.lpk should
be enough. If you want to log to an external GUI Log window, then you
will require the tiOPFLCL.lpk package too. No design time support exists
any more for tiOPF + LCL - it was to hard to port due to the many
differences in LCL and VCL at the time.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/