[Lazarus] Liberation Sans font availability under Linux (alternative to Arial)

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 14:08:34 CET 2011

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Op 2011-01-25 11:46, Mark Morgan Lloyd het geskryf:
>> In particular, I wonder whether any of the older Ubuntu LTS
>> releases are still in significant use but don't have them.
>
> I'm running Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS at home on my laptop. I'll take a look
> tonight to see if it includes Liberation fonts or not.

This also depends on the window manager etc. installed. For example,
Debian Lenny with KDE, subsequently upgraded to use gdm (which brings in
quite a lot of Gnome stuff) rather than kdm, has LiberationSans. But
Lenny installed without a desktop, even if subsequently upgraded with
FluxBox and gdm, does not.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk