[Lazarus] What is the future of NoGUI widget set?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Jan 26 15:40:31 CET 2011

On 01/26/2011 02:46 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> It depends on the context.

Obviously.

But as "Widget Set" (as in "external Widget Ste Library") and
"Interface" (this even is a Keyword in fpc) have  at least one meaning
that can produce confusion, both expressions are not a good idea to be
used to name the "Graphical and Event handling" API provided by the LCL.
> Feel free to implement it for the nogui widget set.
In fact (as you might know), for testing, I already did this some time
ago, but I don't want to offer this code to the Lazarus project, as I
took large chunks of source code from MSEGUI (which provides exactly
this functionality), and by that re-implementing multiple
functionalities that already as implemented (several times) in other
Widget sets.

-Michael