[Lazarus] What is the future of NoGUI widget set?

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 19:08:03 CET 2011

On 25 January 2011 06:45, Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am finding the NoGUI option useful in converting projects using
> TDataModules to Linux, but there is some talk about phasing it out.
>
> Can anyone clarify the original purpose behind its existence and whether it
> is problem free so long as no forms or controls are activated within the
> App?
>

> --
> Frank Church
>
> =======================
> http://devblog.brahmancreations.com

After having sparked a much longer thread than I expected, I need to get
back to my problem, although it may belong in a different thread.

Now in most case data modules expose interfaces that the GUI parts of the
app call to get data.

My problem now is the other way round, where the Data Module needs to
connect with the GUI first, in that whether or not the GUI is running, the
Data Module can make a call and send the data to it if it exists, but
without having to compile in any GUI dependencies.

In effect I need the GUI to register something the Data Module or console
app can use to notify the GUI in some way because I need to move to a model
in which the GUI and Data Module/Console Program are running as separate
apps.

Is there some Lazarus way of accomplishing this?

--
Frank Church