[Lazarus] What is the future of NoGUI widget set?

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Jan 26 19:29:10 CET 2011

On 1/26/2011 13:08, Frank Church wrote:
> After having sparked a much longer thread than I expected, I need to get back to
> my problem, although it may belong in a different thread.
>
> Now in most case data modules expose interfaces that the GUI parts of the app
> call to get data.
>
> My problem now is the other way round, where the Data Module needs to connect
> with the GUI first, in that whether or not the GUI is running, the Data Module
> can make a call and send the data to it if it exists, but without having to
> compile in any GUI dependencies.

in this case, i would consider a pipe (named or otherwise)... create the pipe
when the GUI unit starts up ... the data unit looks for the pipe... if it does
not exist, it does not attempt to communicate with the GUI part... when the pipe
comes into existence, then the data unit can start sending its data into the pipe...

seems workable ;)